88 Cheyenne's soft brakes

I just bought a 88 Cheyenne 4x4 and the brakes are the standard "mush" is there a way to delete the anti-lock from the rear brake system so that it
stops like every other vehicle I've driven?
I'd really be afraid to tow anything with this truck considering the brakes!!!

Start by looking at all four brakes for fluid leaks. Don't take anything apart, just look at the wheels and tires. Check for fluid around any fittings, hose ends, and around the master cylinder and booster. Then bleed the brakes, really bleed them. Let us know what you find.
Al

No...but you might start by changing fuel filter and doing a fuel pressure check too. Maybe advance your base timing and upgrade your gas. If in doubt, double check the knock sensor. Especially if it is a v10 Dodge. Finally, your locker is really not a locker even though it locks, and I am a ding dong.
It would be nice if they would code this. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Knockyourself out. Such a inmature attitude. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

I found it to be reflective of the nonsense you usually post. Also it was darn funny.

SnoDong...I could have shown my NewsSkimmer name but then people would have thought I'd gone dumb all of a sudden. Instead....seeing your name, they would expect that response.
I could have faked it better....but then would not have gotten credit for the creativity and brilliance and acting like an immature child.....excuse me...."iMmature" child.
I'm surprised only Roy responded. I guess the other responders posted on your troll avoidance thread that surely was in response to the abominable SnoPoser attack. Too bad I have to work all day and can't enjoy these threads as they develop.
Skimmer....."Trolling only for Abominable SnoDongs"
I just had the brakes completely redone (2300$ at the dealership) only to be reassured the performance is normal for the antilock brake system of Chevys. They even brought out a 98 p/u to let me feel the way it worked on that one. I'm looking for a way to delete the antilock pump for the rear brakes so that I can actually STOP the fool thing like I feel I should be able to.