88 S-10 Blazer (Gas Tank Question?)

I had to buy a gas tank for my S-10 Blazer.My question is should I spray paint it to make it last longer?And with what kind of coating would be best?Rust got the other one on the bottom.TIA:) Bobby

The old Tank lasted almost 17 years.. Do u think the Rest of the Truck will last another 17 years ?
bobby swift wrote:

POR 15. Paint right over the rust. Stuff dries harder than ceramic.
Doc