88 S-10 Blazer4.3 fuel pump relay?

I went to junk yard got me another ECM.I put it in my S-10 and the 2 sec. signal is back again,for how long I don't know.It has 2 relays and I switched the orange & gray wire around in the relay socket on the fire wall,gray in B & Orange in D socket like it was in the 1 on the fender.I hope I got the wires like they supposed to be.Does anyone here know if someone switched the wires,before I got the truck,if maybe this could possibly destroy the 2 sec.signal in the Ecm?I have Gm shop Manuals but on some things they don't cover.The first ecm had a AMRW prom and now it has the same one.The other had a ATBA prom which seemed to shift the trans.at a higher speed 50 mph,The other would shift at 40.Does the prom control the tc shift?I'll post back the results if I loose the

2sec.signal again. Thanks for any replies! Bobby
Reply to
bobby swift

I appreciate the help on the ECM problem I was having.You was right on about the tan-white wire on fuel pump.Since mine has extra relay for guages,it was gray and the factory manuals I have didn't show that.But I finally figured that out,after destroying a relay and a ECM,because someone had switched the 2 fuel pump relay wires on the redundant relay.I have driven it for several days and the 2 sec.signal is still there and the code 54 has not appeared again. Thanks Again! Marsh Monster! Bobby

Reply to
bobby swift