89 700 R4 slipping

On the way home from having my front brake rotors and pads done, The truck ( 89 k5 ) seemed to lack power. Soon the RPMs told me the trans was not right. There can't possibly be any correlation between the two, unless they trashed it on a test drive. I was 10 miles from the shop before I really noticed any problem. Second gear on the selector worked to limp me home.

Short of it : Starts out and shifts into second normal As RPMs increase, a slipping occurs No 2 - 3 shift Reverse is fine

I had a Trans x shift kit installed a year or two ago and it fixed the similar symptoms

Other than 356,000 miles, it has been fine... It has been well maintained and a filter is due this summer, or when it gets

3,000 miles on it since the last change. Any ideas ? I have a few ,but wanted to check other feedback. My transmission mechanic is busy finishing a racecar for this weekend, and has been too busy to reach or get callback. Thanks...
Reply to
Black Dog

Sounds like a clutch problem or maybe a valve body issue. It may be getting worn out. If you have it lifted with big rbber and no aux cooler it is a miricle that it lasted this long.

SnoMan