89` Blazer Stalling

Hey guys, I need a little help please. BIO: 1989 S-10, 4X4, 4.3L W/TBI with about 160 K on her.
Problem is she keeps try to stall on me on the way home from the “salt
mines”. I drive the same route each day and she starts to fail at the same spot during the trip home. The run is about 20-30 min total. All but the last 10 min. are stop and go 40ish mpg. The last 10 min is about 55 mph. At the end of the 55 mph run I stop for a signal. At that same signal she falls flat and start to die. I can pump the gas and still move but the last 2 miles she run like pooh. Does this sound like a fuel filter maybe?
It’s just so weird at the same spot coming home. No prob. going to work!
Tanks, JQP
I had problems with my RX-7 and hills till i replaced my filter, then the engine just died, possibly, is the route hillly on your way home?

No no hills. Flat and smooth with very little traffic. JQP
On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 22:46:34 -0700, "mat"

EGR valve possibly, or EGR solenoid not closing the valve after you get off the highway. The EGR valve only opens at highway speeds, when TPS input is constant. So, during your final 55 mph run the ECM is opening the EGR valve to lower NOx emissions, and as you get off the highway and come to a stop, it <should> close the valve. If the valve is old and cruddy the pintle could be sticking and hanging open, or the solenoid might not be doing it's job either.
This causes a lean condition and will have her running like ass till the pintle closes. If it were the fuel filter you'd be having problems at 55 mph as that's where the engine is sucking the gas, not at the end of the off ramp when it's hardly using and gas at all.
Next time it happens, kill the ignition and turn her off. Let sit for maybe 5-10 seconds and then restart. Let's see if whatever it is resets itself.
Doc
Hey Doc, That makes sense about the filter. I just change it today for hell of it. It was a learning experience for my 18-year son so not all was lost.
I checked the codes today. Yesterday was the first time I saw a Check Engine light. It came up with a code 34. Does that match your feelings?
I really appreciate your words of wisdom Doc.
JQP

I like pulling the ECM fuseS (there's two). That way I don't have to reset the clock etc....
~KJ/TLGM