89 blzr wont start not getting gas

i have a 1989 chevy blazer 4x4 and it wont start i dont think its getting gas and i dont know what it'd be if anyone can help to what it might be please e-mail me at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com thank you

Reply to
bombc247

Shep

CARB CLEANER ???

Reply to
no one

Comes in an aerosol can, has a little plastic thing that you push with your index finger, liquid stuff squirts out.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Does the gauge say its empty? Tap on it a little or just get a gas can (little red plastic thing with a spout sticking out the top) and add some gas to the tank and pour a few drops into the carb. If it starts there is blockage check the fuel filter.

Reply to
D.L. Man

Carb cleaner is flammable and will run a fuel injected engine with out gas, I use it every 3k miles to clean my trucks intake out, I pull the fuse out to the fuel pump and run the truck off a full can of Carb/Intake Cleaner, have been doing this since the truck had 50k miles, it now has 300k. Needless to say, my intake is clean as a whistle, had the intake manifold off to replace the intake gasket, and I decided to replace the intake plentium gasket too,

Reply to
KMU