89 Chevy Suburban Exhaust questions

The exhaust on my suburban is shot and needs to be replaced front to back, instead of dealing with the old exhaust manifolds, it seems like perfect time to go with headers and dual exhaust. So the questions are:
Do block hugger headers fit in a 4 wheel drive 5.7 liter 1500 series automatic surbuban? How do you identify angle plug heads? (It has original motor) Thanks much
You got straight plug heads, and your choices are limited with a 4wd application. I would recommend Hooker Comp hedders or Hedman's using 2.5" pipe with your choice of mufflers...i prefer Flowmaster series#40, but there loud....
--
Mad Dog

"tekguy4" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Almost any good header company will make headers to fit! I am running Dynomax headers(I don't recommend them) running into 2.5inch pipes that Y into a single 3inch flowing through a custom designed muffler and a single 3inch tailpipe. I took off the 2.5inch duals and couldn't be happier! I got a couple MPG better, better acceleration, and MUCH better sound! NO resonation whatsoever! I plan to swap out for better headers.
Whatever you do, don't go any bigger than 1 5/8inch primary tubes and go with full length headers. The shorter the primary tube the more bottom end you lose. Same with bigger diameter. Careful running a tube down the pass. side, between the t-case and the gas lines is a tight squeeze.
A single 3inch will outflow dual 2.5's anyway!

if you want some bad ass sound and want people to turn their heads, you might want to give voodoo performance muffler a try. its the badest goddam muffler i ever heard.