89 s10 no fuel spraying out of injector

I have a 89 s10 it just quit on me all the sudden no problems before that it is not spraying any gas out of the injector i put anew fuel filter, new fuel pump,new injector, new computer still the same thing ican hear the pump running i tokk the gas line loose it is pumping gas to the throttle body but not spraying through injector.

Reply to
alfpaint

There's a tiny plug-in noid-lite (Snap-on YA8320) that's used to show if the injector is getting a fire signal..mine's still in the package as it's never been needed..

If it flashes than means the electrical system is ok..and problem lies in fuel system

dat's all i know on dis situation

Reply to
ken

Reply to
Adam

I changed the ecm it still does the same thing no fuel out of the injector

Reply to
alfpaint

interesting, I have no ideas then.. Good luck

Reply to
Adam

Try Changing The Relay on the LEFT FRONT FENDER !

if you have TWO relays on the fender . Change the one that has an orange and a Green wire

alfpa> I changed the ecm it still does the same thing no fuel out of the injector >

Reply to
no one

When you changed the computer did you change the PROM chip from your old computer to the new one?

Reply to
Adam

I changed the prom from the old to new one

Reply to
alfpaint

First which engine do you have? There are atleast 3 different S-10 Engines for 1989. 2.5 I-4, 2.8V6,

Second Check for Pulse to the fuel injector(s). If you have Pulse to the Injector(s) check the voltage of the injector(s). If they read too low they will not work. (Im not sure of S-truck injector voltages). If you have no Pluse to the Injectors next step is to verify you have ground on the proper wire and power on the other. After that you check the coil, magnetic pick ups, or module depending on engine.

Third, Unless submerged, or damaged in a crash, ECM's rarely go bad. They often get blaimed as bad when someone does not know the proper diagnostic proceedures.

Charles

Why replace a perfectly good ECM if you DONT have to?

Reply to
Charles Bendig

charles i have the 2.5 I-4, i have power on the wire that plugs into the injector i talked with chevrolet mechanic he said it could be something in the distributor

Reply to
alfpaint

The Ignition Module in the Distributor, possibly the ignition coil as well. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

I got it fixed bought a distributor changed it out started right up.

Reply to
alfpaint

On my 96 Sonoma with the 2.2 liter 4 cyl encgine I had the same problem. Checked the fuel pressure. ok. Good spark, Found it had jumped time. Try spraying starting fluid in the throttle body. If it starts its the fuel sys. Maybe the regulator bad or clogged. If it doesnt, stand back and watch it try to start. If its blowing back through the throttle bod, look for jumped time. Change the timing chain, gears, AND TENSIONER.

Reply to
lama1

replying to alfpaint, Izaamsims wrote: Just replaced new injectors in my s10 and now turn the key and gas sprays everywhere what the heck is going on

Reply to
Izaamsims

replying to Izaamsims, Boomhauer wrote: Did you replace the O-rings too.

Reply to
Boomhauer