89 s10 no fuel spraying out of injector

Threaded View
I have a 89 s10 it just quit on me all the sudden no problems before that
it is not spraying any gas out of the injector i put  anew fuel filter,
new fuel pump,new injector, new computer still the same thing  ican hear
the pump running i tokk the gas line loose it is pumping gas to the
throttle body but not spraying through injector.

Re: 89 s10 no fuel spraying out of injector
There's a tiny plug-in noid-lite (Snap-on YA8320) that's used to show
if the injector is getting a fire signal..mine's still in the package
as it's never been needed..

If it flashes than means the electrical system is ok..and problem lies
in fuel system

dat's all i know on dis situation

Re: 89 s10 no fuel spraying out of injector
that situation does sound like the ECM isnt sending impulses to the
injector.  I had that happen on my 87 S10, the ecm is a silver metal box
located on the right side underneath the dash board and is held in with a
bolt.

Re: 89 s10 no fuel spraying out of injector
I changed the ecm it still does the same thing no fuel out of the injector

Re: 89 s10 no fuel spraying out of injector
interesting, I have no ideas then.. Good luck

Re: 89 s10 no fuel spraying out of injector
Try Changing The Relay on the LEFT FRONT FENDER !

if you have TWO relays on the fender . Change the one that has an orange
and a Green wire

Re: 89 s10 no fuel spraying out of injector
When you changed the computer did you change the PROM chip from your old
computer to the new one?

Re: 89 s10 no fuel spraying out of injector
 I changed the prom from the old to new one

Re: 89 s10 no fuel spraying out of injector

    First which engine do you have? There are atleast 3 different S-10
Engines for 1989. 2.5 I-4, 2.8V6,

    Second Check for Pulse to the fuel injector(s). If you have Pulse to
the Injector(s) check the voltage of the injector(s). If they read too
low they will not work. (Im not sure of S-truck injector voltages). If
you have no Pluse to the Injectors next step is to verify you have
ground on the proper wire and power on the other. After that you check
the coil, magnetic pick ups, or module depending on engine.

    Third, Unless submerged, or damaged in a crash, ECM's rarely go bad.
They often get blaimed as bad when someone does not know the proper
diagnostic proceedures.

Charles

Why replace a perfectly good ECM if you DONT have to?

Re: 89 s10 no fuel spraying out of injector
charles i have the 2.5 I-4, i have power on the wire that plugs into the
injector i talked with chevrolet mechanic he said it could be something in
the distributor

Re: 89 s10 no fuel spraying out of injector

    The Ignition Module in the Distributor, possibly the ignition coil as well.
Charles

Re: 89 s10 no fuel spraying out of injector
I got it fixed bought a distributor changed it out started right up.

Re: 89 s10 no fuel spraying out of injector
On my 96 Sonoma with the 2.2 liter 4 cyl encgine I had the same problem.
Checked the fuel pressure. ok. Good spark, Found it had jumped time. Try
spraying starting fluid in the throttle body. If it starts its the fuel sys.
Maybe the regulator bad or clogged. If it doesnt, stand back and watch it
try to start. If its blowing back through the throttle bod, look for jumped
time. Change the timing chain, gears, AND TENSIONER.

Site Timeline