90 lumina apv no fuel from injectors

90 lumina apv 3.1 liter has tbi injector assembly. Car ran rough so the fuel pump was replaced. Car still ran rough so the whole distrbutor and gear assembly was replaced. After that car did not start. So the mechanic tried to
put it back in time by algning crankshaft pulley notch on zero and putting distributor rotor to fire on that plug no. I checked the car for my friend beind this mechanic and this is the results. Now, car gets spark and and fuel pump comes on. But, the injectors will not come on. Noid light will not light when cranking car. All fuses are okay and so are the relays. The injectors spray fuel if I put 12 volts directly to them after I allowed fuel pump to build up pressure by turning key on. Then it runs until all fuel is burned up.
My friend had the computer swapped with a used one but that didnt solve the problem. Could it still be ecm. Could it still have something to do with the timing if the distributor gear is not where it should be with the cam even if rotor is aligned to shoot no. cylinder at tdc. Is there an alignment mark on the distributor gear that could be unaligned and therefore the computer allows spark and fuel pump to come on but wont allow injector to come on. If it is unaligned how do you manually align the distributor gear with the cam and the distribitor housing with the correct position on the motor? Or could it be short circuit injectors causing the problem but when applied 12 volts direct they still spray. Please help with any other checks. Could it be something else like a loose ground? I mainly do autoglass but can do almost any mechanical work on a car. Im not good with the electrical part especially fuel injectors though. However, I can see that this is a very good forum. Thanks and sorry for being long-winded.
Do you have 12v to the injectors, remember there are fuses for the lt and rt injectors, if 12v then the pcm is not pulsing the injectors which could be module in the dist, the wiring to the pcm or the pcm itself.

-
Shep wrote:

Yes, I do have 12 volts to the injectors but they do not fire. I will check the module in the distributor. Ill let you know what happens. Thanks a lot.

sounds like the distributor is timed to top dead center of the exhaust stroke. this means the distributor is timed at 180 degrees out. do go back to square one, and when the timing mark is at top center, check and see if the intake and exhaust valves are both closed. If he took all this apart, he should be putting it back together where it will run as it did when you took it to him. A mechanic should not be learning how to work on cars and charging you for it.
--
JAMES HAYES