91’ 4.3 litre V6

i have a 91 4.3 litre v6 and was wondering what is the best route to beef it up without a big budget.....a list of parts would be greatly appreciated :?:

βœ–
"crackerjack05" wrote:

I depends on what it is in and what you plan to do with it too.
Add pictures here
βœ–
"SnoMan" wrote: > [quote:f502b1629a="crackerjack05"]i have a 91 4.3 litre v6 and > was wondering what is the best route to beef it up without a > big budget.....a list of parts would be greatly appreciated > :?:[/quote:f502b1629a] > > I depends on what it is in and what you plan to do with it > too.
its a stock 91’ 1500 half ton and weighs about 3800 lbs......i want to get as much horsepower as i can without costing me a alot of money............will a cam and manifold kit be a good choice, headers,pulleys, etc.
Add pictures here
βœ–

260HP brand-spankin' new 350CID motor from GMPP (General Motors Performance Parts) for $1500. There isn't anything you can do to that 4.3 that will be worth your money in performance improvements.
Doc
Add pictures here
βœ–

Agreed, good suggestion.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Not only that, but cams, heads, and other parts are usually a lot more expensive for some reason for the 4.3????
ZZZ
Add pictures here
βœ–
I found an article that got around 245hp out of the 4.3 with just a cam replacement, new injectors and headers. Smog legal in California.
You can get even more by porting the heads, different intake and etc. I'll try to find that article. I was going to do the 350 V8 route but if I can get 250+ hp from the 4.3 and still get the 4.3 mileage and save thepain in the butt replacement of a v8, I will definitely go that route.
LS

Add pictures here
βœ–
oops, I was thinking you had a S10. Since you have the full size I would sell the 4.3 to me for $100 and get the V8. You will never look back. 1500's need a V8!
LS

Add pictures here
βœ–