91 Blazer HOT

Hi, I have a 91 Blazer, 4.3 L. 5speed. I hit a deer last fall, wiped out the front clip, fender, radiator, fan, grill etc. I am just now getting put back together. I got a slightler larger fan off a
88? I think, and for some reason the engine is running hotter, around 210 degrees. It also seems odd that the air is blowing hot air out through the radiator instead of sucking in cool air over the radiator. Just in case, I pulled the fan to check it, and it is on correct. Is it possible to have the wrong fan? thanks, Waz
waz wrote:

at which the blades are curved needs to be back side toward shaft
Yes it's possible you have one off of a reverse rotation pump. GM had both style pumps for a while. One turns CCW the other CW. Very possible you have one with the wrong rotation. The easy way to tell is to look at how the WP is driven. If the WP is using the back side of the belt it is reverse rotation, if it is driving off the face of the belt it is standard rotation. The water pumps are also different.
--
Steve W

"waz" < snipped-for-privacy@aol.com> wrote in message

I do know there is a difference between the serpatine belt driven fans and the old style v-belt driven fans. The difference is: what direction the rotatioin of the fan is.
I don't know if the fanx can be physically bolted up the same way or they may have designed some saftey feature in the clutch or fan mont to prevent this but anyway ...
If the engine fan is suppose to turn clockwise make sure the fan is the correct one for that rotation.
--
Elbert Clarke
elbert.clarke@**adelphia.net

Elbert wrote:

    They mount the same. The only differance is the direction of attack pitch of the blades.
    Putting a flex fan on will result in overheated, cooked 4.3 heads. Charles
Hey Hey, new fan, cool engine!!
Thanks everybody
Waz