91 blazer windshield wiper problem

I have a 91 s10-blazer, 4wd, Z engine. Last night my wipers worked fine. Today they are dead. I am getting no washer fluid also. When I got to work I check under the hood and saw I had no fluid. I filled
it and still am getting no fluid when I try to use it. That could just be the cold and since it was empty the pickup hose got water in it and froze. Hopefully, if thats the problem, the fluid will thaw it out and when I go home tonight I'll have fluid working again. That does not explain the wiper problem though. My first thought was the control module, but I don't know if thats in a 91 or only in the later models. Also if I still have no fluid tonight that has nothing to do with the control module as far as I know. I did just have the tilt wheel tightened about 5 weeks ago. My cruise control works perfectly. Is it possible that the connection in the column is loose from teh repair done last month? Is there a single harness for the wipers and cruise? If it's one connector, I'd assume its not the problem since the cruise is working. If it's seperate connections then it might be time to go back to the shop and have them reconnect it under the warranty for the repair they did. When I try to start the wipers I can hear electrical noise, in the radio so the physical switch is operating. Any ideas on what I shoul look at first?
Raise the hood with the engine running, reach through the window and switch the wiper switch "on" and give the wiper motor a rap with a coke bottle or small hammer. Chances are they will take off. GM wiper motors get a small burned spot on the armature of the motor and stick. My '96 Suburban has done the same thing 3 times in 4 years and each time started to work again when I nudged it with a hearty thud with a blunt instrument. The last time was about a year ago. If that doesn't work be prepared to replace the wiper motor, or less likely the wiper transmission.
Royce

I don't know if this applies to Chevy/GMC trucks all the way back to '91, but read the description of the wiper module and see if it sounds like what you have. If it does, then the fix is fairly simple and explained below.
Cheers - Jonathan
--
Acta Non Verba - Deeds Not Words
Lieutenant Jonathan Race, EMS Supervisor