91 Cavalier- Miss at high RPM

Ok, This one has everyone stumped. 1991 Chevy Cavalier, 2.2L, 3 speed Auto, a/c. 285000Kms. It is hesitating/Misfire at high RPM. If I drive it and put foot on floor, when it nears time to shift, it starts bucking and jerking. Not a trans problem. It has had New CKP sensor, 3 Different IGN modules, New plugs and wires. I have eliminated the EGR, Then the MAP Sensor. I have inspected all the wiring I can find. No vacuum leaks. Fuel Pressure 53 PSI, New fuel filter. Any thoughts? I have 7+ hours into this car and I'm tired of donating my time. Thanks, Cam

Reply to
GM Tech

A '91 Cav on a S-10 Blazer 4x4 setup? Hmn... I thought the smallest was 2.8 in the S-10's?

;)

Reply to
Robert Kenneth Loyd

That's easy. The Cav has reached the end of its service life. Throw it away and get another cheap, nondescript car.

That's my thoughts.

Dave

Reply to
debruch