91 chev refit to diesel

Would a diesel motor bolt directly to my 700rt tranny or do I have to change the tranny also?

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:45:38 -0600, "farmerboy"

you'd be advised to change the transmission as well as the gasser's torque convertor will have waaaaay too high of a stall speed for the diesel and the gasser's governor in the trans is set far above the diesel's redline.
-Bret