91 Chevy stalling

I have a 91 Chevy pickup with a 350. The engine wants to stall when I put it in gear, and lately it wants to stall when out of gear. There are no codes set. If you give it the gas it will run.
I have change the fuel filter; put new wires, cap, rotor, and plugs. I've inspected the distributor and found some play in the shaft but now cracks in the pickup. I've change the map sensor and check for vacuum leaks. I've check the egr valve. Could it be the fuel pump even though it runs if I give it more gas? I don't have a pressure gauge to check fuel pressure.
it could very well be bad. did you try to poke clean the erg passages with a piece of wire?
I want to thank you worker for the help. I replaced the egr valve and it didn't help. I've clean the idle air control. The only time I can keep it running in gear is when I push the pintle in on the idle air control and unplug it. Of course it makes the engine idle high. Would the control or computer be a falt?

on my truck to reset the iac turn key on for 5 seconds off for 10 and repeat a few times and it help my rough idle after cleaning the iac
your welcome
per my book to reset the IAC . 1 Depress the throttle slightly 2 Start and run engine for 5 seconds 3 Ignition off for 10 seconds 4 Then restart and ck for proper idle.
Definitely sounds like an IAC problem. good luck. JRE