91 chevy suburban

After not using my beast for a few months-winter, I had to replace a corroded dist. Ever since, when driving, acceleration is fine, idle fine, but when
backing off acceleration and maintaining speed, it bucks and backfires like it's running out of gas. Then I'll put my foot back in it or off and it's fine until just trying to maintain a constant speed. Mechanics are saying fuel pressure, vacuum leaks, but I don't see anything to indicate those problems. I'm thinking maybe ESC sensor or module but not getting codes to that affect. Also, I don't know where the module is located.

Check the thick gasket between TBI unit and intake. They are know to fail with age. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
SnoMan wrote:

appreciate the input.

You cannot miss it. It is about 3/8 inch thick and between TBI unit and intake. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
SnoMan wrote:

I would have the fuel pressure checked. If it's the original fuel pump, your're due for a replacement. My experience with a leaking TBI gasket is that the motor will idle higher and the accelerator will be touchy, in other words, you won't have to push very hard to go fast.

Mine did not run right at all and would idle funny and have varible responce to low throttle inputs. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
SnoMan wrote:

A bad fuel pump can have the same symptoms. By verifiying the fuel pump preasure, atleast you will know for sure where you are at. Take some water in a spray bottle and spray the base of the TBI while the motor is running. If the motor stumbles, replace the TBI gasket.
On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 05:45:54 GMT, "OLD88SUB via CarKB.com"

Given age od vehicle I have no douubt that the gasket is bad. It may have other problems too but those gaskets do fail with time and age. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com