91 chevy suburban HELP

It ran fine,parked it for two hours,wont start. No spark so new cap and rotor, new coil, new engition modulator. still no spark its getting power from battery to the dist. but no spark. help. please, this is like the 6 day no wheels please[/quote]

Reply to
hip4achic

Also check ignition magnetic pickup in distributor base and varify that power is present for control module too. YOu may have to pull distributor to check/change pickup unit.

Reply to
SnoMan

"SnoMan" wrote: > [quote:4b2eebffa8="hip4achic"]It ran fine,parked it for two > hours,wont start. > No spark so new cap and rotor, new coil, new engition > modulator. still no spark > its getting power from battery to the dist. but no spark. > help. please, this is like the 6 day no wheels > please[/quote:4b2eebffa8] > > Also check ignition magnetic pickup in distributor base and > varify that power is present for control module too. YOu may > have to pull distributor to check/change pickup unit.

I tested the pick-up coil in the distr. and it was good is the magnetic thing at the distr. base the same as engnition modulator??? which isnt at the base but on the same plate the cap actually sits on???

Reply to
hip4achic

No it is not. You need you get a manual and a volt meter and make sure power in present when ignition is on and I would pull dist and spin it and check for voltage pulses from pickup coil. A coil (the pick up coil and ignition coil) can test good continuity wise and still be bad because the pulses from it may not be strong enough to trigger ignition system.

Reply to
SnoMan

"SnoMan" wrote: > [quote:9fbd887b9c="hip4achic"]I tested the pick-up coil in the > distr. and it was good is the magnetic thing > at the distr. base the same as engnition modulator??? which > isnt at the base but on the same plate the cap actually sits > on???[/quote:9fbd887b9c] > > No it is not. You need you get a manual and a volt meter and > make sure power in present when ignition is on and I would > pull dist and spin it and check for voltage pulses from pickup > coil. A coil (the pick up coil and ignition coil) can test > good continuity wise and still be bad because the pulses from > it may not be strong enough to trigger ignition system.

thanks so so so much for the tip I?ll let u know the outcome later this evening :| fingers are crossed(girls should not have to work on big trucks)

Reply to
hip4achic

No problem I have twin teenage daughters and one of them helps me all the time and is not afraid to get dirty either. Also I want to add that when you remove and replace pickup coil the spacing from the relutance cam can be critical. If it is not close enough it will not generate a strong enough pluse to trigger system ans as the pickup coil ages it become less sensitive too sometimes.

Reply to
SnoMan

One thing that just caught me on my boat...if you have a tachometer, unplug it from the coil and see if it will start. They can short to ground and that will also keep the truck from running. Also check to make sure the white wire that comes from the coil harness is not grounding to anything (this is the tach lead). If you have no tach it probably is just laying on the top of the intake.

good luck, mark

Reply to
r_d