91 elect fuel pump always on,????

I have a 91 chev 1/2 ton 4x4 with a 6.2 diesel. I just replaced my electrical fuel pump, and now I m noticing my pump is running all the time with the engine running! is this normal?????? its also pretty
noisy!
Thanks for your time guys.
Yes, the pump should run the whole time the engine is running. You wouldn't get fuel to the engine if it didn't...
On 18 Feb 2005 23:22:57 -0500, diesel1990

If the noise is coming from direct contact, add some rummber grommets between the pump and the frame. It should be fairly easy to make a sound isolation mount.