91' S-10 Blazer question

Hello all,
I started my S-10 Blazer 4x4 for a minute to turm my front wheels to plug a hole in my tire then I shut it off. I go to start it again ten
minutes later and I get nothing from the starter. All my lights and stereo ect are working fine along with the buzzer that goes on when the keys are in the ignition. I check my battery cable and the positive side had all kinds of crud on it. I cleaned it and still no go. I barely get a click out of the starter. How do I go about trouble shooting this? Should I just replace my cables? My positive cable looks pretty bad. Also, I tried jumping it using the top post mounts on the battery (Which is not very old)and I still had no luck getting it started. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.