91 Suburban/2500, OBD I code 22, 33

I got the yellow light on 2 days ago out of the blue. The truck suddenly will not idle or stay running without my foot on the gas. The code reader from the local parts store said 22 (TPS) and 33 (MAP). I replaced them for about $100. The light remains and so do the problems. The parts store now suggests the expensive high speed mind reading service that the repair shops offer and wont accept the useless parts I purchased for return. Any body got an idea on what else in the truck might cause these codes to read?

Reply to
jameswingate

Shep

Lessons still being learned, the gee whiz mechanical testor proved that the parts I bought were good, great. They managed to get the yellow light of doom to quit displaying but are concerned, as am I, as to the point that my truck still has the same problems despite 2 very expensive hours under the wrench. They did however tell me it wasnt the brain, or the vacuum lines or wires. Any other clues to the mystery?

Reply to
jameswingate