92 chevy 5.0 tbi intermittant no-start

no fuel at injectors and no spark while cranking engine. fuel pump runs before start with switch turned on. with spark tester connected, visible spark and fuel from injectors when start occurs. no spark or fuel visible when no-start occurs. what component would stop both spark and fuel injectors intermittantly? ignition module tests good. runs perfectly after successful start, but dies intermittantly/restarts intermittantly. help me please!

Reply to
soll2sun

Shep

thank you, Shep. you told me just what I was afraid you'd say. chasing sparks is a nightmare, taking it to the chevy dealer is bucks I don't have. I'll go ahead and replace the pickup, it's only $10 and I can look around in the distributor some more. Thanks again

Reply to
soll2sun

replaced ignition module, problem fixed. NOTE: old ignition module tested good three times. obviously, ignition module problem can be intermittant. fuel injectors will not fire if ignition is not working. lesson learned.

Reply to
soll2sun