92 chevy 5.0 tbi intermittant no-start

no fuel at injectors and no spark while cranking engine. fuel pump runs before start with switch turned on. with spark tester connected, visible spark and fuel from injectors when start occurs. no spark or fuel visible
when no-start occurs. what component would stop both spark and fuel injectors intermittantly? ignition module tests good. runs perfectly after successful start, but dies intermittantly/restarts intermittantly. help me please!
Could be a broken wire at the pick up in the dist or a bad pick up, or the module is actually bad, or bad connections at the pcm or a bad pcm. You see where this going, when it won't start a scanner would tell if the pcm sees cranking rpms, if not , it is usually a distr. related problem, or the harness to the pcm also.

-
thank you, Shep. you told me just what I was afraid you'd say. chasing sparks is a nightmare, taking it to the chevy dealer is bucks I don't have. I'll go ahead and replace the pickup, it's only $10 and I can look around in the distributor some more. Thanks again
replaced ignition module, problem fixed. NOTE: old ignition module tested good three times. obviously, ignition module problem can be intermittant. fuel injectors will not fire if ignition is not working. lesson learned.