'92 GMC stalls @ highway speed

Over the past year or so, my 1992 GMC 4X4 (350 w/140K)has stalled 3 times at highway speeds. Each time I have been able to coast to a stop, shut everything down, and restart successfully. This problem
has always happened during hot weather (approx 100 degrees)and on flat ground. The truck has never had a new fuel pump, and I suspect that may be the problem, but I don't want to replace it if it could be something else. (The SES light comes on when the truck stalls, but is off immediately upon restart).
How do the shops test fuel pressure on these trucks? Any other thoughts about what may be causing the problem will be greatly appreciated.
Dennis
Dennis wrote:

What code is stored when the SES light comes on?

Not sure. Can I retrieve the codes on a '92 without special diagnostic equipment? Seems like I read a post in this NG not too long ago about shorting across some connections and counting the long/short blinks of the SES light. The most recent stall would likely be the most current SES event, since it happened two days ago.
Dennis