92 K1500 - low fuel pressure....

Got a 92 K1500 - 350TBI here that ran great right up until it slammed into the back of a brand new F350...... I only have 10psi fuel pressure at the TBI, fuel pump runs a long time when the key is turned on. Figured the pump fell off the sender in the accident but it didn't. Replaced the pump and still only have 10psi pressure at the tbi. Fuel lines are fairly new and I checked for crushed or kinked lines, they're ok. Any idea's ?????? Like I said, it ran great right up until the accident...........

Thanks Brian

Brian..........

Kill filters - The Enema Of The Usenet !!!!!

Reply to
Brian

back of a brand new

long time when the key

didn't. Replaced the pump

checked for crushed

right up until the

Do a fuel pressure check for pump (13 to 14 PSI) and regulator (9.5 to

10 PSI)

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

back of a brand new

long time when the key

didn't. Replaced the pump

I checked for crushed

right up until the

TBI only requires 13-14 psi ????? Thats what I have with the new pump and filter...... How do I check the regulator ????

Thanks Brian

Brian..........

Kill filters - The Enema Of The Usenet !!!!!

Reply to
Brian

the back of a brand new

long time when the key

didn't. Replaced the pump

I checked for crushed

right up until the

TBI is pretty low presure with the main line running 13 to 14 PSI or a bit more and it is regulated as stated above to 9.5 to 10 PSI at injectors. You need to test presure after regulaotr and before injectors. Regulators do go bad sometimes but not that often. What does truck do when it runs?

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Neat trick considering that the fuel pressure regulator is downstream from the injectors.

Reply to
aarcuda69062