92 K1500 Speedo Cluster

Hello,

I have a 1992 K1500 with the regular analog speedo cluster without tachometer.

My question is.... can I replace the present cluster with one from a truck that had the tach in the cluster and it function correctly?

These clusters just have a blade type electrical common connector and they remove quite easily... I would like to swap out the clusters to get a factor tach. Anyone done this?

My guess is that it will work, and the only differences between the trucks are the actual clusters themselves, anyone know factually?

Elbert

Reply to
Elbert

I'll reply to my own msg. Maybe it will help someone else.

The answer is YES.... you can. Bought a used cluster W/tach.

All that has to be changed is the actual cluster itself...no other modifications.

Reply to
Elbert