92 K1500 upper radiator mounts

Hello,

I plan on trying some electric fans and wanted to know if anyone had some good recommendations on alternative upper radiator mounts.

The OEM mounts for this truck are made with the shroud. I plan on removing the shroud to setup the electric fans so I would need another style bracket to mount the radiator to the core support.

I thought about modifying a old crappy shroud for the radiator mounts but don't think that would look to good or work that well.

I know on some of the older vehicles they have separate brackets that ran from the core support to the radiator with the rubber inserts for the left and right mounts for the radiator.

Anyone have any suggestions. I may have the same problem on the lower radiator mounts also. I've not looked into that just yet.

Thanks, Elbert

Reply to
Elbert

kinda answered your own question eh. If you cut up an old shroud it will work but look like crap. Why dont you leave the shroud and put the fans inside it.

Reply to
seeray28

Well I don't really like "crap" and thats what a cut up shroud will look like. I've not looked close enough yet but I think the shroud is to close to the radiiator on the sides for this to work, plus I just got the fans today (leaving the shroud intact).

I did find these which look they would work fairly easy.

THe link above point to some ford radiator mounts. I've not physcially seen them but they looks as if they might solve the problem.

Cutting up a shroud would be the absolute last choice. I'm sure that either I could fabricate something better or I could find someone who could at least do a half-ass job.

The other part of this.....is that I want something I can remove if it sucks and go back to the OEM fan clutch. Don't plan on doing any welding, at least not to the vehicle itself.

Reply to
Elbert