92 s10 blazer 4x4 4.3 tbi

Howdy gang!
I am looking for ideas for what could be wrong with my blazer. Here's my problem:
92 s10 Blazer 4.3 tbi
From a cold start (sitting more than a couple hours) vehicle starts and runs
great. Shut engine off and restart within a few minutes and still no problems, still runs great.
Shut engine off and restart after several minutes the engines will sometimes sputter and die and usually take me 2 or 3 tries to get it running as if it is choked or just not getting enough gas. After I manage to get it to run long enough to get the vehicle moving or a good "rev" to the engine all is fine again. I have a couple ideas as to why it would do this but wanted to ask from the experience of others before I just ran to the parts store and throwing cash around.
recently had a basic tune up, and installed a new fuel filter, new fuel pump, new fuel pump relay
Thanks, JD
--

http://jdhowell.ontheweb.nu /

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honourable but more useful

runs
sometimes
it
Just an early-morning guess: Leaking injector(s)?

I was hoping it would turn out to be something simple like a sensor or something. I know the exhaust is in need of replacement and possibly the o2 sensor.
Do you have any codes stored? ECM won't go into closed loop until the O2 sensor heats up which takes a few minutes...I had a neighbor's car with the O2 wire broken off and it would still run but die at stop lights and had terrible mileage. Someone with a scanner and enuf smarts to use it could tell ya if all the sensors are working properly
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com Wrote:

take a look at the egr system. Egr valve sounds like it's hanging, carbon prolly.
--
Gene575