92 S10 Blazer

Man, when it rains it pours. Getting enough miles I suppose all the stuff is going to start breaking. :)
My 4wd 92 S10 with 291K on it is now making a noise in the tranny when
shifting from 2nd to third? Is that right? when you step down and it shifts down to get going it makes a whining noise like a bearing or something is going out.
If it bogs down a bit on the highway it does it then also.
What could that be? Anything serviceable or time for a rebuild when it goes?
Lannie