92 S10 Blazer losing power

Page 1 of 2
I did a full tune up in April, electronic pick up, distributor, cap, plugs and wires and an oil change. Now I am loosing power and sputtering. Could this be a fuel filter? Maybe Injectors? HELP me please, I can't
afford to take it to a garage or buy another vehicle.
Loralee wrote:

Quit buying CHEAP GASOLINE

I have been purchasing gas from the same place for over a year, since I purchased the blazer and they've been using the same supplier. I did have them check it right in front of me to see if there was water in the fuel and there was not.
"Loralee" wrote:

Is it hot outside when it is doing it and at what power setting and did you install the correct plugs? (Take a few out and see how they look)
I noticed with my 92 S10 that when it is above 90 outside I go from 15mpg to 18mpg. What the heck gives with that? Air to fuel mixture or something?
LS

http://www.autoforumz.com/Chevrolet-92-S10-Blazer-losing-power-ftopict128669.html
LS wrote:

192,000 miles on a 1989 4.3 s-10 4X4 With the ORIGINAL OXYGEN SENSOR and it gets 27 mpg HWY 23 mpg city . I use CITCO GAS .... If I use SUNOCO or SPEEDWAY it Drops to HALF the milage .
Yes I have NEVER changed that Sensor. ONE owner Truck.

Mine has 320K on it and only on it's second O2 sensor. You think that might be it?

You Shud have already Replaced at least ONE TIMING chain By NOW !
LS wrote:

Still on the original time bomb, er timing chain.
Ever since I replaced the intake manifold gasket it has a ting in cylinder #1. I think it's timing. I need to get the chain done and maybe a rebuilt distributor. I imagine it's pretty sloppy.
LS

no one wrote:

    GM 4.3 V6 & V8 timing chains tend to last well past 200,000 miles. Caddilacs and Buick V6's are known more for needing timing chains replaced. Most 4.3V6 and V8 Chevy owners only replace a timing chain if:
    1. It Fails.     2. They are replacing the Cam.     3. Rebuilding the motor. Charles

My '91 (TBI) does the same thing except that mine goes from 11.5 up to 14.5 mpg. I'm thinking I need a warmer thermostat than my current one. <shrug>
I noticed my temp never changes.
LS

Ah, but what temp does it run at?
Around 180 or 190. I have a 180 stat in it with a Hypertech chip.

We've changed the fuel filter, and took off the in fuel line to the throttle body, it is getting plenty of fuel but it still acts like it is starving for something. Would the O2 sensor be causing this? I've heard it is possible for a catalitic converter to get plugged again even after it was punched out, is this a possible cause?
I wouldn't think the catalytic converter could get plugged. The O2 sensor caused mine to run pretty bad but that was 200,000 miles ago. :) Still running strong but getting bad mileage. I wonder if I need to go back to a 190 degree stat and replace my O2 sensor.
LS

Never hurts to replace the fuel filter. Fuel injected? Look for it behind the power steering pump.

Catalytic converter plugged?
RJ in WV
Second that,it happened to me after replacing CPI unit.

plugs
It is definitely NOT the catalitic converter, before I purchased it the converter had been punched out.