'92 s10 Blazer slow starting

'92 s10 Blazer 4x4 4.3 liter auto trans Truck started fine right through the first time the temperature dropped into the single digits. When the temp went above freezing it suddenly got harder to start - I now have to hold the gas pedal to the floor to start it when the engine is cold no matter what the air temp is, unless the engine is warm. Then it starts right up with just a touch of the key. It has been tuned up, new cap, rotor, coil, and plugs. Wires are good, no arcing even when wet. Any thoughts about what to look for would be a big help.

Thanks in advance N.M.O.o.A.

Reply to
No Mail Will Be Answered or Op

your starting motor is freezing up

Fred H

Reply to
Iron Duke

No, engine cranks fine, it just wont start unless I hold the gas pedal down. Thanks for the response though.

N.M.W.B.A.o.O.

Reply to
No Mail Will Be Answered or Op

coolant temperature sensor?

Reply to
alasatian

CPI or TBI? If CPI the injector might have gone bad and is leaking fuel into the intake. You holding the throttle open allows it to fir the very rich mix. If TBI the pressure regulator may have gotten a slug of water in it and damaged it when it got real cold.

Reply to
Steve W.

I thought that but it doesn't sound right. He didn't complain of black smoke, or poor drivability. NOT based on any kind of scientific guess, but just a feeling that it may be the fuel pump?

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ