92 S10 Heater Core

The dreaded antifreeze on the floor board and the lovely smell!!
I just had the core replaced 2 years ago by a bunch of idiots who left out half the bolts and most of the duct work unassembled.
I'm going to try and tackle this job myself. I have a few months to get ready for the task and I will bypass the core for now. How hard will it be and what kind of tips can you give me?
1992 S10 Blazer (Tahoe - 4 door). 4.3 277,000 miles.
Lannie
LS wrote:

Lannie, Let me introduce you to my friend....Mr. Google. www.google.com click on the option for "Groups" above the search bar. Then click on "alt", then in the scroll box, move to the listings that cover alt.asshole-factory...barefoot. Then choose the "autos" option, then the 4x4 option. Click on the link to the group archives, then below the search box, choose search only in this group. Type in "s-10 heater core" (with or without the quotations). Without the quotations gets 168 posts on the subject, and it takes roughly 1 second for it to search. I think you will find more than you need to know. Or if you want an exact answer, use "Big Chris heater" in the group specific search. Click on the post from June 26, 2003 and you will find the following:
Search Result 1 From: Jones ( snipped-for-privacy@starpower.net) Subject: Re: Help - Heater core '92 s10 Blazer View: Complete Thread (10 articles) Original Format Newsgroups: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: 2003-06-26 13:13:02 PST
I did mine without these directions. Sure wish I ask you guys first. Really good instructions and the seat is a nice thought also. There are some very helpful people in this group. Wayne

http://www.sytyarchives.com/howto/viewarticle.php?article_name=heater_core.p hp&dir=climate_controls
one
are
Make Google your friend, it's an amazing tool.
Big Chris
Piss off... :)

http://www.sytyarchives.com/howto/viewarticle.php?article_name=heater_core.p
I helped my dad do his 84, its not a fun job. You have bolts going from the inside through the firewall to the engie side so you need two people in a couple spots. One is down under the blower motor and we dropped it down between the inner fender and cab. We had to take out the glove box and radio as to get to the top bolts. I guess I'm lucky the one in my 88 is still original :)

be