92 S10 torsion bar question

I have a 92 S10 Blazer. I messed with the torsion bars a long time ago to adjust the ride height of the back of the truck. I was told later not to screw with them which they were right! :(

I finally got the left and right ride height equal. Now it is still bouncy going down the road. I have new sears Monroe gas shocks.

Which way do I turn the screws on the torsion bar to put more weight back on the front wheels? The steering is loosy goosy! I noticed the right front wheel is worn a lot on the inside edge and I believe that was from having it wrong for a while.

Clockwise or counter clockwise? I need to get the steering a little more firm and not so damn bouncy!

Thanks,.

Lannie

PS It has 337K on it. Torsion bar mounts have been replaced in the last

50K.
Reply to
LS

I messed with mine on my old silverado and the symptoms were almost identical. Drifted all over the road, bounced like a lumber cart and wore the tires on the outside edges. My T-bars had been cranked too much and completely blew the caster/camber specs to the point the truck couldn't be aligned. I definitely had mine tightened (clockwise) too far. Once I dropped the front end down a bit (counterclockwise), it was much better. I then took it to the alignment shop and while on their rack, got it level, within spec and back to normal. I learned the hard way not to mess with that stuff.

HTH,

Derek

LS wrote:

Reply to
genius

Thanks!! I will start loosening them! :)

I always have to learn the hard way.

Lannie

Reply to
LS