92 s10 v6 blazer that will not start

When trying to start this 92 s10 v6 chevy blazer it will turn over 1 time, but will not start and then when turning the ignition to try again there is a loud clunk sound. It will not turn over. My mechanic says that he
didn't put it on a machine but it keeps locking up and he wouldn't put the money into to get a new motor. Could it be anything else? A new starter was just put on it. Thanks, Chris

Was it running before the new starter? If it was, the first thing I'd do is find a different mechanic to look at it. I'd guess it isn't the engine thats the problem.
Yes it was running before the new starter was put on. Ok thanks.
Shade tree mechanic advice here.. Try to turn the engine over using a breaker bar or ratchet and socket using the crank nut.... Pulling the plugs out will make this a lot easier.... If it won't turn, ya got major problems
OOPS ...............someone's already suggested that..
I appreciate all help I can get. Thanks
We need alittle more info... Is the started engaging? Have you tried to do anything yet? What?? Doug

Get a wrench on the crank pulley bolt and see if the engine can be turned manually 1 full revolution.

-