93 Chevy Silverado stalling

I have a 93 Chevy Silverado with a 350 engine. A couple of weeks ago, it stalled, but started right back up. A week after that it stalled after I backed up, and put it in drive. This time it didn't restart for several
hours. I replaced the fuel filter. It was good for another week and a half, and then just stalled on the highway when I was doing about 50. It started right up again as soon as I put it in neutral and cranked it over. Tonight it did the same thing, but wouldn't restart. I had it towed home, and as soon as I got there, it started right up. Any ideas as to what the problem might be? (I can hear the fuel pump turn on when I turn the key.) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
bncroll wrote:

I had a virtually identical situation with a 1989 truck - the ignition module inside the distributor would fail after it got warmed up. Actually I believe corrosion between the module & the distributor reduced the heat sinking capabilities to cause overheating. Replaced module - problem gone.
check they had a problem of the injector wiring getting cought under the air cleaner spacer or the cleaner housing and shorting out. if it is repair wiring and twist wiring 1 time to remove slack
syoung wrote:

Oops! I meant to discuss replacing the COIL in the distributor. The 1989 actually had corrosion on the coil. I believe it had an open coil that would work when cold/cool (contracted coil making connection) but would fail on increasing temp (opened coil). My 1995 had ignition module problems.
check your fuel pump pressure. pump might be at fault. check wiring at pump also