93 Chevy Silverado stalling

I have a 93 Chevy Silverado with a 350 engine. A couple of weeks ago, it stalled, but started right back up. A week after that it stalled after I backed up, and put it in drive. This time it didn't restart for several hours. I replaced the fuel filter. It was good for another week and a half, and then just stalled on the highway when I was doing about 50. It started right up again as soon as I put it in neutral and cranked it over. Tonight it did the same thing, but wouldn't restart. I had it towed home, and as soon as I got there, it started right up. Any ideas as to what the problem might be? (I can hear the fuel pump turn on when I turn the key.) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
bncroll

I had a virtually identical situation with a 1989 truck - the ignition module inside the distributor would fail after it got warmed up. Actually I believe corrosion between the module & the distributor reduced the heat sinking capabilities to cause overheating. Replaced module - problem gone.

Reply to
syoung

Oops! I meant to discuss replacing the COIL in the distributor. The

1989 actually had corrosion on the coil. I believe it had an open coil that would work when cold/cool (contracted coil making connection) but would fail on increasing temp (opened coil). My 1995 had ignition module problems.
Reply to
syoung

check they had a problem of the injector wiring getting cought under the air cleaner spacer or the cleaner housing and shorting out. if it is repair wiring and twist wiring 1 time to remove slack

Reply to
brian70

check your fuel pump pressure. pump might be at fault. check wiring at pump also

Reply to
kneedeep_4