93 jimmy turns weird

For a bit my jimmy would slow down as it turned and the front tires would peel out. So i tried to widen my turns, but it still did it. A bit later, i got new front brakes. For a week it was not slowing down as i turned nor
was it peeling out. Today, it started to slown as i turned again. But it wasn't peeling out. What i want to know is do all trucks slow down as they turn, or do i have another problem?
Uh, maybe it is in 4wd?

-

That makes 4 of us !

I think it's safe to say we've reached a consesus...............now I'm gunna reach for another beer....................
Doc

JimmyVortex wrote:

    Your truck is either in 4-Hi, even though your selector says 2WD, or you have a bad (possibly both) front axle. Charles
thanks for being the only one who left an actual post. This is the first truck i've ever had. I don't know sh#t about em
JimmyVortex wrote:

    Other people suggested your truck is stuck in 4-Hi as well. Commen 82-93 S-10 Pick up and 83-94 S-10 Blazer problem.
    Does your truck have push bottons on the dash, or does it have a range selector shifter on the floor? Charles
i have a switch on the dash for the all wheel drive. I just figured out you turn the all wheel drive off by hitting the 4-hi button. Duh
haha

Study (do not just read) the owner's manual (BUY one if you don't have one). You'll save yourself much grief in repair costs you'll be avoiding by learning about 4x4/AWD. Also, the life you save maybe mine...
Regards, Franko

"" wrote: > For a bit my jimmy would slow down as it turned and the front > tires would > peel out. So i tried to widen my turns, but it still did it. A > bit later, > i got new front brakes. For a week it was not slowing down as > i turned nor > was it peeling out. Today, it started to slown as i turned > again. But it > wasn't peeling out. What i want to know is do all trucks slow > down as they > turn, or do i have another problem?
How quick does it slow down?? Is it 4x4??
"Shakes73" wrote:

Yes, it sounnds to me like it is stuck in 4x4 because it has all of the simptons of it. Removing the front drive shaft and check the difference would confirm the problem 100%. I know of no other thing that can cause this problem though except maybe bad/fused or disabled spider gears (someone installed a locker) in front axle differentail.