93 K1500 4x4 - 350 engine, it taps when runnig hot and lose power

I have this problem, every time I drive long distance - I would drive for 2-3 hours fine and then when I slow down to get gas or food, I would notice the very loud tapping sound from the engine, and then it gets even louder if I step on the gas try to increase speed. It feels like the engine has lost all its power when this happens.

If I shut the engine down for a while - 30 to 60 minutes or so, and then start the engine backup, the noise would be gone. And this repeats after I drive another period of time.

When I am in town driving around, it does not happen.

Last week I changed the Recirculation Exhaustion Valve (I think that was what my mechanist called it) and he told me that (bad valve) was what made the tapping noise when engine runs hot.

But it still happens when I drive on long trips. I check my engine oil, coolant, all seems to be ok.

Any idea or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Jack

Reply to
Jack

maybe if you could read mores code, .haha, it is trying to tell you to stop for a drink or something. LOL old john

Reply to
<ajeeperman

Reply to
SnoMan

Snoman, thank you so much for the information. I will have it checked right the way.

Jack.

SnoMan wrote:

Reply to
Jack