93 radio question

I know this might be like askin' how long is a piece of string.....but some of you in this group are pretty good at this biz.
I've got a 93 cheyenne and the radio generally doesn't work. The station is
stuck on the last one that works and the clock is stuck on 1:00. Over the last few years....the clock has changed the time it displays about three or four times but even when it changes, its stuck. I can power the control head on and off, but that is it.
My question is if anyone can tell me if it is the head or the box under the dash just off these symptoms? I'm thinking about trying to swap out one or more parts to get it going again.
skimmer
It might be in the unit. But check the box u were talking about first. Is it a brand new unit or is it original
"News Skimmer" wrote
> I know this might be like askin' how long is a piece of > string.....but some > of you in this group are pretty good at this biz. > > I've got a 93 cheyenne and the radio generally doesn't work. > The station is > stuck on the last one that works and the clock is stuck on > 1:00. Over the > last few years....the clock has changed the time it displays > about three or > four times but even when it changes, its stuck. I can power > the control head > on and off, but that is it. > > My question is if anyone can tell me if it is the head or the > box under the > dash just off these symptoms? I'm thinking about trying to > swap out one or > more parts to get it going again. > > skimmer
It is the factory radio.

News Skimmer wrote:

The control head is just a display and control unit. All the rest of the electronics are in the box. Check the connector cable for a bad pin or crud. If it looks OK then it probably is in the box. The control heads usually fail by just blanking out.
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York