93 S-10 Blazer 4.3 Exhaust Manifold

Can some one tell me if a TBI 4.3 exhaust manilold..will fit on a 4.3 Vortec cyl. head..mine has a crack on the drivers side.it's gonna be a job to change...probably have to take it out throug the bottom...because
of the steering...also the power steering bracket has to come off...not to mention breaking bolts! Appreciate any advice. Thanks! Bobby
bobby swift wrote:

Should fit, however if it is a used manifold it may not fit as they tend to warp (that is why a lot of them are cracked). My 94 had both broken, the DS right behind the steering shaft and the PS was snapped just behind the first mounting ear. I ended up pulling the top off the engine because of rusted bolts.
--
Steve W.

It is a used manifold.I put 2 used ones back on my 88 4.3 when I rebuilt the engine and so far they seem to be holding up good.I'll get to it when the weather breaks. Bobby
On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 21:55:48 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (bobby swift) wrote:

The mistake that many make is over tightening the because it need to float a bit on head bfor expansion and contraction. One that crack, crack because they cannot expand and contract properly not because they warp. (they can warp or crack from biult up stress though if they cannot expand and contract properly) ----------------- TheSnoMan.com