93 S-10 Blazer 4.3 Vortec..Jerry

You were right on about the regulator.I replaced it an checked for leaks...before I put the plenum back on...had a real hard time getting it to start...had to clean the fouled plugs a few times...it's running pretty good now after a couple oil changes to get the gas out of the crankcase....it's holding 40 psi. oil pressure at idle engine at operating temp.I had to clean a lot of rust out of the cooling system....I took out the old thermostat...and put the neck back on flushed a lot of water through it but finally got the heater core and the water running clean.Haven't got to the tranny yet....looks like the bolts are loose on the cross member....and a glob of red gasket sealer all around the pan gasket.at least the weather has been great here.Thanks! Bobby

Reply to
bobby swift

bobby-glad to hear the results of your work! Atleast you don't have a fortune into this Blazer but it may end up running so good that you use/drive it more than you figured. I own 30 or so of these and they are great vehicles! Any other problems let us all know. Have a good holiday(politically correct)-Merry Christmas! snipped-for-privacy@perumotors.com

bobby swift wrote:

Reply to
jerry