93 S-10 Blazer Brake Warning Light?

Howdy folks. This truck has had the ABS system removed and the warning light for the ABS is lit but that's not my question.

I replaced the master cylinder on this yesterday and while on a drive, the brake warning light went on. The brakes work fine now, and the fluid level is OK, how do I reset this light or do you think there really is a problem? Thanks!

David

Reply to
dsi1

I have a 90 Blazer (full size) and the brake light on that thing constantly comes on.

Just completely redid all of the brakes, pads/rotors/drums/wheel bearings/you name it. Light still flashes. Im almost at the point of just taking a small piece of electrical tape and covering the damn light...When I bought the truck, the guy I got it from had a dealer go through the system and no problems found....it was driving him bananas too.

To reset the brake light...I will disconnect the quick connectors at the master cylinder/key on/ key off/ replace connectors. Or disconnect battery. From what I understand though, if you disconnect battery it will dump a lot of saved info besides the brake system. However I havent had any issues from it...

If you ever find your problem, Id be interested in hearing what it was.

Charles

Reply to
Shelldigger

I don't have any experience with this truck as I'm just trying to fix up and sell the Blazer for a friend. The system is a bit different from what I'm used to as the master cylinder does not supply the brake pressure directly to the brakes but goes to a brake line manifold which has the four lines to the brakes and a single wire sensor. Is this how your truck is set up?

My guess is there's a piston switch in the manifold that will move if there's unequal pressure in the front and rear lines and ground out the sensor wire. It might be that removing the sensor wire will turn the light off - but I doubt that. If it does then all I'll have to do is find out how to reset that internal piston in the manifold. If it doesn't then it could mean that the light is activated by the control box - as it is your truck. I will try disconnection the switch and then when that doesn't work, try disconnecting the battery.

The brake line manifold is interesting - it appears to have bleeder valves on both ends. However the system works, I suspect that the piston has to be repositioned. OTOH, it could also be that the sensor switch has failed and has defaulted to the on position. Gee I wish that someone could just tell me what to do. :-)

dsi1

Shelldigger wrote:

Reply to
dsi1