93 S-10 Blazer Window Motor Dying?

Drivers door window motor cuts out in the heat, but appears to run fine when I removed the interior trim panel to look at it. Is the friction of the interior seal to much for the old motor? Can the motor be 'refreshed' - cleaned/ lubed? or just replaced? Any tips on doing the replacement? JELo

Reply to
JELo

JELo,

Removing the door panel is 50% of the job, but you need a 1/4" pop-rivet tool to re-fasten the motor/regulator to the door. These are not cheap. Perhaps you could rent one? I don't know from where. I'm a mechanic, and do many side jobs. I just recently purchased such a tool for $80. It's a manual scissor type tool, but it gets the job done. Most of these riveters run $130-300. I purchased the tool because I intend to use it many times. Will you?

It may be cheaper for you to shop around for pricing to do the repair. As far as info goes,... If you intend on keeping the truck, and want a good set of manuals, purchase them from

. These are thefactory manuals that walk you through, step-by-step. No other manualcompares to them, and they are not cheap, but they are complete.

GMdude

Reply to
GMdude

Good reference. The pictures and ideas will help greatly! Thanks, JELo

Reply to
JELo

That makes sense. It did seem to come back to life after it sat for a while but then would die again after use.

Would it be easier/more cost effective to replace just the motor at ~ $50 to $70 or motor and regulator at ~$105? What about rebuilt motors? JELo

Reply to
JELo

I have the factory manual I bought when I had my '86. The instructions are in there but it is lacking in visual aids - and other helpful hints if you know what I mean. The '93 appears to be the same as far as I can tell.

Thanks, JELo

Reply to
JELo

Ah!, yes!, need to think about where the window is going to be (and probably the regulator arms too) as it moves up and down - good point! Thanks again, JELo

Reply to
JELo