93 S-10 Blazer Window Motor Dying?

Drivers door window motor cuts out in the heat, but appears to run fine when I removed the interior trim panel to look at it. Is the friction of the interior seal to much for the old motor?
Can the motor be 'refreshed' - cleaned/ lubed? or just replaced? Any tips on doing the replacement? JELo
JELo,
Removing the door panel is 50% of the job, but you need a 1/4" pop-rivet tool to re-fasten the motor/regulator to the door. These are not cheap. Perhaps you could rent one? I don't know from where. I'm a mechanic, and do many side jobs. I just recently purchased such a tool for $80. It's a manual scissor type tool, but it gets the job done. Most of these riveters run $130-300. I purchased the tool because I intend to use it many times. Will you?
It may be cheaper for you to shop around for pricing to do the repair. As far as info goes,... If you intend on keeping the truck, and want a good set of manuals, purchase them from http://www.helminc.com . These are the factory manuals that walk you through, step-by-step. No other manual compares to them, and they are not cheap, but they are complete.
GMdude

my '86. The instructions are in there but it is lacking in visual aids - and other helpful hints if you know what I mean. The '93 appears to be the same as far as I can tell.
Thanks, JELo

Thanks, JELo

after it sat for a while but then would die again after use.

the motor at ~ $50 to $70 or motor and regulator at ~$105? What about rebuilt motors? JELo

to be (and probably the regulator arms too) as it moves up and down - good point! Thanks again, JELo