93 Silverado

I just bought a 1993 short bed 4x4 Silverado in mint shape. I got rid of the

1990 with the unfixable brake problem. I noticed that the new one has a small *clunk* and it drops a bit when I take off or stop. It's coming from the rear end. Feels like shocks, or like the rear-end is pivoting....

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks.

Reply to
Crooked-Ridez

"Crooked-Ridez" wrote

Remove your rear driveshaft and apply some lubricant to the splines inside the yoke that goes into the transmission. You will get many recommendations regarding what type of lube to use. GM has their own lubricant for this... it's call "special lubricant". I don't have the part number handy, but any parts guy will know.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Hi, i have a 90 model Z71, i was wondering what you meant by unfixable brakes? is it a common problem? Sorry, just wondering if it's something i should look out for.

TB

Reply to
Trailblazer

I'm not quite sure what the problem was. I replaced every brake component besides the lines, and still had the same problem. I had no pedal and little braking. Doc Had a similar problem, and I think he MAY have resolved it, but I'm not sure how.

Later

Reply to
Crooked-Ridez

Yeah I fixed it after 2.5 gallons of brake fluid, several cases of beer and an unknown number of bad words! He he he he..........

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"