93 silverado ignition

No matter what I do the ignition will not turn to start the truck. Anyone got any ideas to get it started so that I can get it to a garage and replaced. I don't have the tools to do it myself.

----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below

Michael McNeil

Start with the battery connections and work your way down to the starter. ya got a bad connection somewhere or the battery is dead

Reply to
Mad Dog

Do you mean the key will not physically turn or that the starter will not turn?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below

Michael McNeil

----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below

Michael McNeil

Call AAA and they will send out a locksmith to replace the lock cylinder at no cost to you.........if you don't have AAA, get it....! pay a little more and get AAA+ It's the best investment you'll ever make.

Reply to
Mad Dog

Have you tried a different key?

Reply to
Hairy

Like Maddog said, time for a new lock cylinder............

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

truck. Anyone got any ideas to get it started so that I can get it to a garage and replaced. I don't have the tools to do it myself."

********************
Reply to
Brian Orion

That just happened to me last week i spayed it with "Liquid Wrench" and it eventually turned.I really had to soak it with rags to catch all the drips.Use liquid wrench instead of wd-40, it seems a lot thinner. Best ....Brian O.

Reply to
Brian Orion

----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below

Michael McNeil

----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below

Michael McNeil

catch is it does turn up to the aux position but not that bit farther to start the truck.

did it hurt to have it spayed? :)