93 silverado ignition

No matter what I do the ignition will not turn to start the truck. Anyone got any ideas to get it started so that I can get it to a garage and replaced. I don't have the tools to do it myself.
----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below ----------------------------------------------------- http://users.eastlink.ca/~mikemcneil/index.htm
Start with the battery connections and work your way down to the starter. ya got a bad connection somewhere or the battery is dead
--
Mad-Dog
'79 Chevy K-10

----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below ----------------------------------------------------- http://users.eastlink.ca/~mikemcneil/index.htm
Call AAA and they will send out a locksmith to replace the lock cylinder at no cost to you.........if you don't have AAA, get it....! pay a little more and get AAA+ It's the best investment you'll ever make.
--
Mad-Dog
'79 Chevy K-10

Do you mean the key will not physically turn or that the starter will not turn?
Doc
thekey turns as far as the auxilliary position and then stops. It's been acting up for a while now and today it finally stopped turning.

----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below ----------------------------------------------------- http://users.eastlink.ca/~mikemcneil/index.htm

Have you tried a different key?
yes and still no go

----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below ----------------------------------------------------- http://users.eastlink.ca/~mikemcneil/index.htm

might have another one from a truck similar tomorrow morning. Just have to wait on the phone call to find out for sure

----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below ----------------------------------------------------- http://users.eastlink.ca/~mikemcneil/index.htm

truck. Anyone got any ideas to get it started so that I can get it to a garage and replaced. I don't have the tools to do it myself."
That just happened to me last week i spayed it with "Liquid Wrench" and it eventually turned.I really had to soak it with rags to catch all the drips.Use liquid wrench instead of wd-40, it seems a lot thinner. Best ....Brian O.
catch is it does turn up to the aux position but not that bit farther to start the truck.
did it hurt to have it spayed? :)