93 silverado steering column

ok, on the column itself there is a bracket with 4 bolts in it and that bracket is attached to theusing another 2 bolts. I undid the 2 nuts that hold the bracket in place and that freed up the column but
it only dropped it an inch at best. I phoned the local chevy dealer and they said that there are 2 more bolts lower on the column but I can't find anything. I looked right until it hits the firewall and it is nothing but electrical connectors.
I can't physically see anything that would be hooking the column up to prevent it from dropping. Anyone have any ideas as to what the cause might be? I need it dropped to get at the ignition switch to replace that.
thanx
mike ----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below ----------------------------------------------------- http://users.eastlink.ca/~mikemcneil/index.htm