94 3/4 ton GMC 4x4

Was having some brake issues over the weekend. Pulled the rear drums(huge) off and found the wheel cylinder to be leaking. I also noticed that one of the pins that goes into the end of the cylinder was missing. These are the pins that push out of the cylinder. After looking at the brake pads, you can tell there wasn't one of there when it was replaced. Dont know when or where.

Does anyone know where i can get one of these? I have it apart and would like to get it fixed correctly. The parts store(auto zone) said that was a dealer item only since it never needs replaced. Any help would be great on this.

It is the larger braking system as well. I think its like over 8000 lbs.

thanks! Ronnie Smith

Reply to
ronnie.smith.jr

Go to a Napa store if there's one near you, that's not just a dealer part.

Brian

Reply to
diablo

Reply to
ronnie.smith.jr

OK, just got off the phone with napa. They dont carry them. They also say its a dealer or salvage yard part. He pulled a cylinder kit and also a repair kit and neither have the pins i am needing. The napa guy says better head to the GM dealer.

thanks for helping though.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
ronnie.smith.jr