94 Chev Blazer 4X4 - Help on Starter removal ?

any suggestions?
There was just a thread about your problem a week or two ago..
It's a bitch Datz 4 sure
Newsgroups: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks
author Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 14:46:13 GMT Local: Tues, Aug 9 2005 7:46 am Subject: Re: Blazer Starter Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse
I have an 89 S-10 4wd Blazer had to loosen right motor mount and jack it up a little.
crakerjacq wrote:

    Remove Y pipe & transmission cooler lines. If more clearance is needed remove motor mount thru bolts and raise engine. Charles
I have an 88 and 93 s-10 blazer and when you pull the bolts out the starter falls straight down into your hands.
spectre750 wrote:

    You must have 2 Wheel Drives with Manuial Transmission. Even 2.8 Trucks have the transmission lines in the way. Charles
nope, both are 4wd 4.3s
and both are auto
spectre750 wrote:

    And Automatics?
         Bull-Shit. The only way that would happen is if the Frames were Cut, removing the Indipendant Front 4WD Suspension, you re-routed the Transmission lines, you don't have Torque Converter Inspection Covers.
    Why don't you go play with Jason Sobol. Sounds like you & him have about the same level of S-Truck Experiance. Charles
guess your just not the mechanic you think you are cause pop the bolts out, slid the the starter back, tilt the nose down and they slide right out. like i said been there done that now do you feel like growing up or do you want to keep flapping your gums like a 3 yr old?
spectre750 wrote:

    Tell you what, drive to my shop. Put your truck on my lift and Demonstrat. Ill get ever Real Mechanic I know to come and watch. BTW: You will have to demonstrat for about 10 hours. Charles
see now theres your problem, put it in the shop, put it on a lift and i bet you use air tools as well. try it in the driveway with hand tools and raining out. you lack the motivation to do it quickly hence is how my work gets done, work smarter not harder, saves lots of time:)
spectre750 wrote:

    Part of working smarter not harder is having the proper tools to do the job. I have done my share of trail-side, road-side and driveway repairs. Back before I had a Lift to use, RWD transmissions used to take a day or two. Now it's a few hours. FWD Craddle drops used to require a stout engine hoist and a few friends to brute froce it out. With a lift, and our forklift it's a one man job. Charles