94 chevy blzr starts with gas in the carb but stalls especially uphill

Why is it that my 94 bazr 4x4 4.3L vortech automatic starts when I put gas in the carb but stalls afterwards, especially uphill? Put in new fuel filter. Stays running in any gear when I give it gas and brakes are on. Let go of the gas and a minute later ...STALL and only starts with gassed carb.HELP =)

Reply to
eyebefree

Sounds like a bad fuel pump to me. BTW, you do not want to run them low on fuel a lot and the fuel cools and lubes the pump and if you run it low a lot you can shorten its life.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

my guess would be with Mr. Sno Man. If you get put a pressure gauge on it and drive it watch to see when the issue occurs that the pressure drops down(sub 50 lbs) this would pretty much confirm this. Could be an injector/regulator issue but doubt it. jp

Reply to
blazerman

The why can probably be traced to one or multiple failures that these engines enjoy; EGR valve stuck open by carbon chunks. Insufficient fuel pressure. Leaking fuel pressure regulator. Leaking injector poppets. Stuck injector poppets.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

You have trouble focusing don't you. If egr valve was stuck out it would NEVER run correctly and idle strange too. No mention of that. You must work at a dealer and look for gremlins and ways to run up bill. Fuel pressure pump would be the first point of focus here and likely culprit. The problems on hills when fuel demand is higher kinda confirms it too.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Nope. But I think you may have an abscess on your brain.

Really? What do you suppose the OP means when he writes;

Reply to
aarcuda69062

I have a Jimmy 93 with 4.3 "w" code

Vortec, and it does the same thing, I have to put fuel on intake t start it and must keep the throttle to 1500 rpm if not it stalls After start, play with throttle and brake pedal to keep it in life an you can go on the highway like normal running, but have to keep th rpm over 1500 or it'll stall !

The fuel pump, fuel filter, spark plugs, cables, rotor, cap, ai

filter are brand new, the fuel pressure is 55 psi with ingnitio "on" but motor not running, no error codes from the ECM.

The problem appened suddenly last week, I did'nt find wath's wrong ye

!

Anybody as ideas

Tank'

Reply to
biomed86

Fuel pressure is to low.

55 psi would be borderline okay with the engine running (KOER), with it not running (KOEO), the fuel pressure should be approximately 10 psi higher.
Reply to
aarcuda69062

I do agree the fuel pressure is too low. I should be about 65 PSI or a bit more before regulator.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan