’94 Chevy S10 Blazer Problems

I have a 1994 Chevy S10 Blazer with a V6 vortec engine. The problems I have are very little acceleration, a "service engine" light that comes on when I reach and exceede 50 MPH and stays on until I
decellerate below 45 MPH. Also I’m having trouble reaching 55 MPH. When I try to push the gas peddal to accelerate, it will make the car slow down and eventully make it "die." When It "dies", all the lights on the dash come on, the power steering goes, and the breaks are very hard to push, and it will just stall out. Sometimes it starts right back up, but other times it takes about 5 mins to restart the car. I’ve taken it to 3 mechanics, and they told me to change the spark plugs (I did-didnt work), change the fuel filter (did, still didnt work) and to get an oil change and air filter change (did, and STILL didn’t work).
Does anyone know what the problem might be and how I could fix it?
--
Posted at author's request, using http://www.AutoForumz.com interface. Articles
individually verified to usenet standards.

Sounds like plugged exhaust.
Whitelightning
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 02:52:45 +0000, jman2008 wrote:

Had your catalytic converter been rattling prior? It appears that the substrate could have broken apart and plugged the outlet.
Add pictures here
✖
jman2008 turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:

A '94 should have the TBI engine. (That's a good thing.)
I believe the things to check are your throttle body (and I believe there's a sensor), your EGR valve (I think you have one) and your MAF sensor. Also check that your catlityc converter isn't plugged. I'm not sure if you have them, but you might want to check into oxygen sensors. There should be two.