94 GMC 4x4 rear wheel lock up

In cold weather I have had my rear wheels lock up on a half a dozen occasions over the past two years. Each time it has occurred is when I am pulling out of the unheated garage, I drive about 100' and all of the
sudden the rear wheels or wheel lock up. This happens without applying brakes. Each time I remove rear tire or tires and bang on the hub or hubs with a hammer I'm able to remove hub free from brake shoes and can not see anything obviously wrong. It doesn't seem as though the brakes are the culprit, yet I don't know. Seems funny that I can go about a hundred feet before it locks up. I was talking to another guy yesterday, same kind of truck and said he has experienced the exact same thing. I figure someone here must know what the culprit could be.
Thanks Mr Ranger
check that your brake shoe retainer spring and pin haven't corroded away