94 S-10 Blazer Blower Motor problem... help!

I believe the problem is with the blower motor, but I'm not sure. What is happening is the fan will turn on or off on it's own. It doesn't matter what setting I put it to, either A/C, Heat, Vent, Defrost, whatever. For
example, if I have it on vent, and turn the thermostat all the way to Hot (or cold), and put my hand right up against the vents, I can barely feel the heat coming out. This is with the fan switch turned to "high". The fan will blow for a few days, the the next day I get in the car, start it up, and suddenly it won't blow for sh*t. Then I'll be driving along and suddenly it will kick in on it's own. Is my car just posessed? or is it a short in the wiring, fuse, blower motor? Any ideas are much appreciated! Thanks. Ryan
Have a 91 S-10 and had the same problem...but I'm not sure if you have the same kind of 3 position toggle switch in the heater control mechanism on yours
I just took the control unit out, extracted the switch part and replaced it with a slightly used one from the local Pick-N-Steal...er Pick-Your-Part yard
What happens is that the switch will overheat, form a burned spot, or even melt some of the plastic....
I think Ken is probably right. I did mine on my S-10 a few years ago and installed a new switch. The new ones aren't all that much money, and I went with new so hopefully I'll never have to do it again.
IF it is actually your blower motor, it's easy to fix. This is the one great design on our S-trucks, in that it's just a handful of bolts, one electrical connection and you've removed the old motor. The blower motors aren't all that much money either.
My guess though is the switch that Ken mentioned. When blowers die, they make a hideous noise. When the switches die the juice regulating the blower get messed up or cut off completely.
Big Chris

Bad ground connection on the blower.
-