94 z71 opinions

looking at buying a 1994 z71 with a 305 engine, 4x4, body in excellent shape, 122,000 kms, forgive me if any of those are redundant for a z71, i dont know what it stands for, does anyone have an opinion on this truck, bad
tranny, motor too small vs the 350, etc, tia wally
wally archibald wrote:

I had a 94 and a 95, both with the 350. Could not tell you about the difference with the 305 but the 350 was getting _almost_ the same mileage than my previous S15 with a 4.3l
I know about something though, the '95, for some obscure reason did not have the locking rear diff (posi-traction) and it made a hell of a difference in snow driving, traction AND braking was poorer so I suggest that you check if it has this option. I don't remember the RPO code as it appears in the glove compartment but make a search on that, it is worth it.
Good trucks by the way, but then again, I'm biased D
--
Eaulive,

13,555 Km's per year I would be scheptical, seems like an unusually low number, unless of course you are sure of the mileage.

G80 should be the code you are looking for in the glove box for the limited slip rear.
Snowman

Snowman wrote:

EXACTLY :-) I knew it had an "80" somewhere.
--
Eaulive,